Next stepPrevious step
How to set up an administrator password on my 2Wire 2701 modem
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the image or use the arrow keys to continue to the next step
- A strong administrator password helps prevent unauthorized access to your modem.
- 1. Open your web browser.
- 2. Type 192.168.2.1 in the address bar and then press Enter on your keyboard to access your modem’s settings.
- 3. Click Settings.
- 4. Click Password.
- 5. Select Enable password protection.
- 6. Select Use default system password. The default login is admin and the default password is admin.
- 7. If you would like to use your own password, select Create or edit a custom password.
- 8. Enter the login information you want.
- 9. Scroll to and click Save.