Next stepPrevious step
How to set a user’s Personal 9-1-1 emergency locations
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the image or use the arrow keys to continue to the next step
- The Bell Total Connect Desktop app allows administrators and users to specify a user’s most likely emergency service address. 9-1-1 operators can then retrieve that address when an emergency call is initiated from the Desktop app.
- 1. After logging in, click the Users tab.Note: Group Administrators are sent directly to the Users tab after logging in.
- 2. Perform a search to find the user for whom you want to modify the settings.Note: To see the full list of users, leave the search field blank before clicking Search. Otherwise, the following searches are supported:
- Phone number – Enter the phone number without spaces, but may include a dash and parentheses (ie. (613)111-2222)
- Phone extension – Prefix ‘x’ followed by numbers only (ie. x255)
- Last name – Enter the user's last name (ie. Smith)
- Full name – Enter the user's first name followed by last name (ie. Jack Smith)
- 3. Click on the user for whom you want to modify the settings.
- 4. Click My Profile to access the user's Profile page.
- 5. Click 9-1-1 menu link to access the 9-1-1 sub-section.
- 6. Click Personal 9-1-1.
- 7. Click Add.
- 8. Enter all information in the designated fields as required.Note: Some fields are not marked with an asterisk and are considered optional. However, it is strongly recommended that you complete all fields.
- 9. To save your changes, click Save and you'll be returned to the previous page. To exit without saving, click Cancel.