How to set a user’s Personal 9-1-1 emergency locations
The Bell Total Connect Desktop app allows administrators and users to specify a user’s most likely emergency service address. 9-1-1 operators can then retrieve that address when an emergency call is initiated from the Desktop app.
1. After logging in, click the Users tab.
Note: Group Administrators are sent directly to the Users tab after logging in.
2. Perform a search to find the user for whom you want to modify the settings.
Note: To see the full list of users, leave the search field blank before clicking Search. Otherwise, the following searches are supported:
- Phone number – Enter the phone number without spaces, but may include a dash and parentheses (ie. (613)111-2222)
- Phone extension – Prefix ‘x’ followed by numbers only (ie. x255)
- Last name – Enter the user's last name (ie. Smith)
- Full name – Enter the user's first name followed by last name (ie. Jack Smith)
3. Click on the user for whom you want to modify the settings.
4. Click My Profile to access the user's Profile page.
5. Click 9-1-1 menu link to access the 9-1-1 sub-section.
6. Click Personal 9-1-1.
7. Click Add.
8. Enter all information in the designated fields as required.
Note: Some fields are not marked with an asterisk and are considered optional. However, it is strongly recommended that you complete all fields.
9. To save your changes, click Save and you'll be returned to the previous page. To exit without saving, click Cancel.