Next stepPrevious step
How to modify a Receptionist queue’s details and settings
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the image or use the arrow keys to continue to the next step
- 1. After selecting a group, click Call Management.
- 2. Click Business Lines.
- 3. Click Receptionist queue.
- 4. Click on the queue you would like to modify.
- 5. Click Receptionist queue options.
- 6. In the Name field, enter a descriptive name for the Receptionist Queue.
- 7. In the Calling line ID last name and Calling line ID first name fields, enter the last and first name for the Receptionist Queue.
- 8. From the Department drop-down list, assign the receptionist queue to a specific department or select None to assign the Receptionist Queue to the group level.
- 9. From the Language drop-down list, select the language to be heard by callers.
- 10. Select one of the following options from the Hunt Group call flow option control to determine how the system routes incoming calls to users in the group –
- Circular — Incoming calls hunt through users in the order they appear in the list, starting with the user following the last user to receive a call. When the search reaches the end of the list, it loops back to the top and continues until it has tried all users.
- Sequential — Incoming calls hunt through users in the order they appear in the list, starting from the top each time.
- Simultaneous — Incoming calls alert all users at the same time. The first user to answer handles the call.
- Uniform — Incoming calls hunt through all users in order, starting with the user who has been idle the longest and ending with the user who most recently answered a call.
- Weighted call distribution — Incoming calls are assigned to idle users based on percentages assigned on the Receptionist Queue’s Profile – Weighted Call Distribution page.
- 11. In the Queue length field, enter the number of calls that can be received by the queue.Note: The maximum number that can be assigned is 50.
- 12. Check Play ringing when presenting call to have callers hear ringing when being transferred to an agent.
- 13. Check Allow callers to dial [x] to transfer out of queue to allow callers to be redirected to voicemail by pressing a single-digit number that you can assign in the designated field.
- 14. Check Allow users to join the queue to allow an agent to join the Receptionist Queue.
- 15. Check Allow call waiting on agents if you want agents to be notified of new calls even if they're on an existing call.
- 16. To save your changes, click Save and you will be returned to the previous page. To exit without saving, click Cancel.