How to modify a Receptionist queue’s details and settings
1. After selecting a group, click Call Management.
2. Click Business Lines.
3. Click Receptionist queue.
4. Click on the queue you would like to modify.
5. Click Receptionist queue options.
6. In the Name field, enter a descriptive name for the Receptionist Queue.
7. In the Calling line ID last name and Calling line ID first name fields, enter the last and first name for the Receptionist Queue.
8. From the Department drop-down list, assign the receptionist queue to a specific department or select None to assign the Receptionist Queue to the group level.
9. From the Language drop-down list, select the language to be heard by callers.
10. Select one of the following options from the Hunt Group call flow option control to determine how the system routes incoming calls to users in the group –
- Circular — Incoming calls hunt through users in the order they appear in the list, starting with the user following the last user to receive a call. When the search reaches the end of the list, it loops back to the top and continues until it has tried all users.
- Sequential — Incoming calls hunt through users in the order they appear in the list, starting from the top each time.
- Simultaneous — Incoming calls alert all users at the same time. The first user to answer handles the call.
- Uniform — Incoming calls hunt through all users in order, starting with the user who has been idle the longest and ending with the user who most recently answered a call.
- Weighted call distribution — Incoming calls are assigned to idle users based on percentages assigned on the Receptionist Queue’s Profile – Weighted Call Distribution page.
11. In the Queue length field, enter the number of calls that can be received by the queue.
Note: The maximum number that can be assigned is 50.
12. Check Play ringing when presenting call to have callers hear ringing when being transferred to an agent.
13. Check Allow callers to dial [x] to transfer out of queue to allow callers to be redirected to voicemail by pressing a single-digit number that you can assign in the designated field.
14. Check Allow users to join the queue to allow an agent to join the Receptionist Queue.
15. Check Allow call waiting on agents if you want agents to be notified of new calls even if they're on an existing call.
16. To save your changes, click Save and you will be returned to the previous page. To exit without saving, click Cancel.