How to add an Auto Attendant
Once you have planned your prompt menu, scripted your greetings and established your schedules, follow these steps to add an Auto Attendant for a chosen group:
1. After selecting a group, click the Manage attendants link from the Quick access section.
Note: Group Administrators will not have to select a group prior to this step.
2. Click Add.
3. Enter an ID for the Auto Attendant in the Auto attendant ID field.
Note: From 6 to 80 characters.
4. Enter a descriptive name for the Auto Attendant.
Enter a first and last name to be associated with the Auto Attendant in the Calling line ID last name and first name fields.
Note: These names will be displayed on the outgoing caller ID.
6. From the Department drop-down list, select None to assign the Auto Attendant at the group level, or select a specific department.
7. From the Time zone drop-down list, select the time zone for the group’s location.
8. From the Language drop-down list, select the language for the default greeting.
9. From the Business hours drop-down list, select the times you’d like your business hours message to play.
Note: If the schedule you want does not appear, you can create it on the Time schedule page.
10. From the Holiday schedule drop-down list, select the holiday schedule you’d like your greeting to play.
Note: If the holiday schedule you want does not appear, you can create it on the Holiday schedule page.
11. Select one of the Scope of extension dialling options to limit the extensions that can reach the Enterprise, Group, or Department levels.
12. Select one of the Scope of name dialling options to limit the employees that can be reached by name at the Enterprise, Group, or Department levels.
13. Select one of the Name dialling entries options to set the accepted order in which a caller can provide the name of a person.
14. Click Save and continue to the next steps: configuring your business hours and after hours greetings and call menu.