How to connect my 2Wire 2701 modem
1. Plug one end of the phone cable into the DSL port on the back of the modem.
2. If your modem will be sharing the wall jack with another device (e.g. a phone or fax machine), plug a splitter into the wall jack. If your modem is not sharing a wall jack, skip this step and continue to step 3.
3. Plug the modemʼs cord directly (no filter) into the jack.
- If you are using a splitter, plug the modem’s cord into one of the jacks of the splitter. In the other jack of the splitter, plug in a filter, and then plug your other device into the filter. Filters eliminate noise on your phone line to help improve speeds and prevent service interruptions.
4. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to any Ethernet port on the back of the modem. Then, connect the other end of that Ethernet cable into your computer's Ethernet port.
5. Connect one end of the power supply to the modem and the other end into a surge-protected power bar (not included).
6. Turn on your computer and the modem. Once all the modem lights are green you can start using the Internet.