On your computer
Note: Using the server installation package will run as a Windows service rather than a logged in application and will prompt for additional information during installation to allow appropriate access to the server.
1. Log in to the Data Protect portal.
The Data Protect portal can be accessed from the following link: https://dataprotect.bell.ca/.
2. Click on the Downloads tab.
3. Select the appropriate download link and click Accept Terms and Download and the installation process will begin automatically.
4. Select Run to start the installation process.
5. The software installation will begin and you will be guided through the installation process.
6. During the installation process, you will be asked to review and accept the terms of service.
7. Select I Agree and click Next.
8. Select if you want to install all components of the service and click Next.
Select whether to install Data Protect and/or Virtual Drive.
9. Your computer will show a default directory for installation, click Next.
10. Click Next to begin installing Data Protect to your computer.