How to add a phone number to your Simultaneous Ring list
1. After logging in, click Call management.
2. Click Advanced call settings.
3. Click Simultaneous Ring.
Note: You may also use the appropriate Edit link of the Quick access section of the landing page.
4. Click Add.
5. Enter the phone number you want to add to your list.
Note: Do not include spaces, dashes or parentheses. For long-distance numbers, the prefix ‘1’ is not required.
6. Enter a descriptive name for the number.
7. Check Enable this phone number to activate this number for Simultaneous Ring.
Note: A checkmark will appear next to the number in your Simultaneous Ring list to indicate it is active.
8. Check Ignore this number’s voicemail and call forward to prevent calls sent to this phone number from reaching the voicemail of that device or (if Call Forward is enabled), from being forwarded to the routing destination.
Note: If your carrier does not support this option, try setting a higher number of rings for your Simultaneous Ring-enabled device to go to voicemail than the assigned number of rings for your Bell Total Connect voicemail.
9. Check Answer confirmation if you want to receive an advisory prompt prior to the call being delivered, which will ask you to enter any digit on your phone’s keypad to accept the call.
Note: This feature makes it easy to differentiate between calls generated from the Simultaneous Ring feature and regular calls received on these devices.
10. Enter an Outbound alternate phone number to allow the Simultaneous Ring number to be recognized by the IP Voice Anywhere service even if the calling line ID differs from the number actually being used.
For example, if the number on your Simultaneous Ring list is assigned as 514-555-2222 but when calling out displays a different calling line ID (such as 514-555-2000), you should enter “5145552222” in the Outbound alternate phone number field and “5145552000” as the primary number in your Simultaneous Ring list.
- Note: Do not include spaces, dashes or parentheses. For long-distance numbers, the prefix ‘1’ is not required.
11. Click Add to add routing rules for this number, if required.
- Note: View the topic How to add routing rules to a phone number in your Simultaneous Ring list to learn more.
12. To save your changes, click Save and you will be returned to the previous page. To exit without saving, click Cancel.