How to add a Hunt Group
1. After selecting a group, click Call management.
2. Click Business Lines.
3. Click Hunt Group.
4. Click Add.
5. Enter the Hunt Group ID.
Note: A minimum of 6 characters must be used. This will be used as a unique descriptor of the Hunt Group and cannot be changed once the Hunt Group is created.
6. Enter a name for the Hunt Group.
7. Enter the last and first name for the Hunt Group.
Note: This will appear on a recipient’s caller ID display.
8. From the Department drop-down list, assign the Hunt Group to a specific department or select None to apply the Hunt Group at the group level.
9. From the Time zone drop-down list, select the time zone that is most appropriate for the group's location.
10. Check Allow call waiting on agents if you want members of the Hunt Group to be notified of new calls even if they are on an existing call.
11. Select the Call flow option from the choices available.
- Circular — Users are presented with calls in order, always starting from where the last Hunt Group call ended.
- Sequential — Users are presented with calls in order, always starting with the same user.
- Simultaneous — Calls are presented to all idle users in the group at the same time.
- Uniform — Calls are distributed uniformly to all users in the group, starting with the most idle user.
- Weighted call distribution — Calls are assigned to idle users based on the percentages defined on the Hunt Group’s Weighted call distribution page, which only appears if this call flow option is selected.
12. The No answer settings define how the service will route calls that are unanswered. Check Skip to next user after [x] rings to pass incoming unanswered calls to the next user after a specified number of rings.
13. From the drop-down list, select the number of rings permitted before the call is sent to the next user.
14. Check Forward call after waiting [x] seconds to forward unanswered calls after a specified number of seconds to a phone number listed in the Calls forward to field.
15. Enter the amount of time that can pass before the call is sent to the next user.
Note: Accepted values range from 0–7200 seconds (ie. up to two hours).
16. Enter the phone number you want calls to be transferred to.
Note: Do not include spaces, dashes or parentheses in the phone number. For long-distance numbers, the prefix ‘1’ is not required.
17. To assign users to this Hunt Group, first perform a search for users.
Note: Click the + or – buttons to add or remove criteria fields to help further refine your search, or leave the search field blank before clicking Search to see the full list of users.
18. Click on the user(s) you want to add.
Note: You can hold the Control or Shift key when clicking the mouse to select multiple users or a range of users, respectively.
19. Click Add to move the user(s) to the Assigned users column.
Note: You can click Add all to add the full list of searched users.
20. Depending on the routing option assigned to this Hunt Group, the system may route calls to users in the order listed in the Assigned users column. You can change the user order by clicking on a user and using the Move up and Move down buttons.
21. Click Save to save your changes and return to the Hunt Group page.
22. Your new Hunt Group will be active by default, indicated by a checkbox in the Active column.
Note: You can deactivate Hunt Groups by un-checking the box in the Active column, then clicking OK or Apply to save your changes.