Next stepPrevious step
How to reset TCP/IP (Windows)
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the image or use the arrow keys to continue to the next step
- One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted. Follow these instructions if you can't connect to the Internet and you've tried all other methods to resolve the problem.
- 1. Click Start.
- 2. Click Run.
- 3. Enter cmd.
- 4. Click OK.
- 5. Enter netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt in the command console.
- 6. Press Enter on your keyboard.
- 7. Wait briefly while TCP/IP is reset and a log file is created.
- 8. To view the log file, click Start.
- 9. Click My Computer.
- 10. Click Local Disk (C:).
- 11. Scroll to and double-click on resetlog.txt.
- 12. The log for the TCP/IP reset is displayed.
The log will confirm that the reset has been completed.