Next stepPrevious step
Navigating the main screen of the desktop app
Click on each section below to see the associated image. You can also click the image or use the arrow keys to continue down the list.
- This is the main screen you will see when using the Bell Total Connect desktop app.
- The menu bar will give you various options, and changes dynamically depending on the action you are performing.
- File: This menu gives you options to view details about the app (such as the version number), update your emergency address, edit your preferences, and sign out or exit the app.
- Edit: This menu gives you options to edit text (e.g., when typing in the Search and Dial field or an instant messaging window).
- Contacts: This menu gives you options to create a new contact or group, search for new contacts, sort your contact list, and manage or initiate communications with selected contacts.
- Calls: This menu can be used to manage some active call settings and features, such as volume control and transferring a call from your desk phone or mobile device to the app.
- Conversations: This menu gives you options to access My Room and active instant message conversations.
- Window: This menu gives you options to change certain application settings, change your profile photo, access your call and chat history, and access the dial-pad and side-car attendant (if applicable).
- The icons in the left panel will open the following menus: My Presence Info, Contacts, My Room, Communication History, Dialpad and Call Settings.
- My Presence Info: Click on your availability flag to see your avatar, change your availability, and edit your status message.
- You can also right click on your availability flag to change your availability, and change or clear your profile photo. If you are using a Mac, a two-finger click on your trackpad brings up these options.
- Contacts: Click this icon to view your personal contacts. This is the app’s default view.
- My Room: Click this icon to open your My Room communication window.
- Communication History: Click this icon to see your call and message history and check if you have voicemails.
- Dialpad: Click this icon to open the dial-pad.
- Call Settings: Click this icon to quickly configure your Do Not Disturb, Call Forward, Remote Office and Simultaneous Ring features, or to access more settings.
- Use the search box to dial a number or search for a contact from the corporate directory or your local Outlook directory.
- The Communication bar shows the communication options available for a selected contact: Chat, Audio Call, Call from Phone, or Video Call.
- The Add contact button allows you to add new contacts, audio conference bridges or group names to help manage your contact list.
- This section appears when you have an active communication (such as an audio call or a chat session) and gives you control over features such as mute, hold, end call, and more.
- This panel displays all of the contacts you have added to your contact list, either alphabetically or in user-created groups.