Next stepPrevious step
How to start a chat
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the image or use the arrow keys to continue to the next step
- Note: It is only possible to start a chat with a contact when you are both online.
- 1. From the Contacts tab, touch on the contact with which you would like to chat. This will open their contact card.
- 2. Touch on the chat bubble icon beside the contact’s Instant Messaging address to start a chat.
- 3. You can also start a chat by touching on an entry in your chat history.
- 4. When the chat screen is open, the top bar shows the name of the contact and their availability status icon. Your messages are presented on a white background while the other party’s messages are presented on a coloured background.
- 5. The text input field uses auto-correct, auto-capitalization and spell check based on your mobile device’s system settings.
- 6. You can add a smiley to a message by touching the icon and selecting one of the smiley icons provided.
- 7. If your device is locked and you receive a new chat message, a notification is displayed on the lock screen accompanied by an alerting sound and vibration (depending on your device’s settings).