How to add routing rules to a phone number in your Simultaneous Ring list
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the image or use the arrow keys to continue to the next step
Routing rules allow you to enable Simultaneous Ring for a number in your list only at scheduled times or when receiving calls from specific phone numbers. For example, if you have Simultaneous Ring enabled for your personal phone number, you can specify that it only rings after hours or when receiving calls from important clients.
- 1. After logging in, click Call management.
- 2. Click Advanced call settings.
- 3. Click Simultaneous Ring.Note: You may also use the appropriate Edit link of the Quick access section of the landing page.
- 4. Click on the phone number to which you want to add a routing rule.
- 5. Click Add.
- 6. Enter a description for the rule.
- 7. Select a time schedule during which you want the routing rule enabled for this phone number.Note: You can use the default time schedules, the ones created by your administrator, or establish your own personal time schedules. If you want to use a time schedule that does not appear in the drop-down list, you must first establish it on the Call routing schedules page.
- 8. Select a holiday schedule during which you want the routing rule enabled for this phone numberYou can use the default holiday schedules, the ones created by your administrator, or establish your own holiday schedules. If you want to use a holiday schedule that does not appear in the drop-down list, you must first establish it on the Call routing schedules page.
- 9. If you want to allow incoming calls from all phone numbers, select Any phone number and skip to step 14
- 10. To allow only specific incoming calls, select Following phone numbers.
- 11. Check Any private number to allow any calls with a private calling line ID.
- 12. Check Any unavailable number to allow any calls with an unknown calling line ID.
- 13. To allow incoming calls from up to 12 specific phone numbers, enter each number in one of the designated fields.Note: Do not include spaces, dashes, parentheses or extensions. For long-distance numbers, the prefix ‘1’ is not required.
- 14. To save your changes, click Save and you will be returned to the previous page. To exit without saving, click Cancel.