Next stepPrevious step
How to configure the Voice Portal
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the image or use the arrow keys to continue to the next step
- 1. After selecting a group, click Call management.
- 2. Click Business Lines.
- 3. Click Voice portal.
- 4. In the Name field, enter a descriptive name.
- 5. In the Extension field, the extension for the voice portal will be pre-populated. You can modify the extension if required.Note: The phone number associated with the voice portal has been pre-populated by Bell and cannot be modified.
- 6. In the Calling line ID last name and Calling line ID first name fields, enter the last and first name for the voice portal.Note: Although the voice portal does not complete outgoing calls, users dialling the voice portal on lines with caller ID functionality could see the first and last names assigned to the feature.
- 7. From the Language drop-down list, select the language to be used for the voice portal's initial greeting and for any login messages to be played to callers from outside the group.Note: After logging into the voice portal, the user's specified language preference is used.
- 8. Check Allow phone numbers on login in addition to extensions if you want both the phone number and the extension to be recognized by the voice portal.
- 9. Check Use voice portal wizard if you want to enable an application that ensures users change their temporary passcodes and record their names when first accessing the voice portal.
- 10. The Reset administrator passcode section allows you to reset your voice portal passcode, if required.Note: Use only keys that are available on a phone (i.e. "0-9", "#" and "*").
- 11. To save your changes, click Save and you will be returned to the previous page. To exit without saving, click Cancel.